Thursday, March 13, 2014

Lunch on Nino Arabella’s Beach Terrace

IMG_9362


Nino restaurant is a timeless classic. Restaurants come and go, rise and fall, but Nino has secured a permanent spot on my top five favourite restaurants in Kuwait. When it first opened in Kuwait back in the 90′s it was the it place to be yet recently I’ve been mostly ordering my Nino fix from Talabat app -which might explain why I’ve spent almost 2000 KD’s worth of food orders as per Talabat’s records!-.


olan


This year however saw Nino open up not one but two new branches and one of them, the Arabella branch, comes complete with a terrace with the most amazing view of beach, something that is surprisingly scarce considering the long strip of sea and beaches of Kuwait.


olan-002


Exactly how gorgeous is this view of Al-Hashimi Dhow? I’ve been dining at their Arabella branch several times already and each time I take too many pictures of Al-Hashimi! Where else in Kuwait could you dine with such a view and really excellent food?


olan-001


The original Nino branches always start your meal by serving you a basket of sliced freshly baked bread. In Arabella’s branch they start your meal with one loaf of bread, each time its a different kind, with a chunk of butter sprinkled with coarse sea salt. The bread that arrives is fresh out of the over and quite irresistible.


olan-005


And yes it will be gone by the time your food arrives, no good at all!


olan-006


The good thing about Nino, which also sometimes backfires for me, is that their menu is always and forever evolving, sometimes too rapidly. The latest changes saw my absolute favourite giant mushroom dish disappear which totally breaks my heart but also saw the introduction of Kuwait’s number one superfood, quinoa.


IMG_9364


Nino’s new quinoa and beetroot salad is to die for. Quite tasteful and satisfying and a meal on its own. Its one of those dishes you wouldn’t want to share with other and if you’ve never tried quinoa before I strongly recommend you have your first taste of quinoa by ordering this salad. Yum!


IMG_9366


IMG_9365


Another new dish at Nino Arabella is the cheese fondue. A small pot of melted fontina cheese with three different dips: bread sticks, mushroom slices, and potato balls.


olan-008


Though I loved the concept of the cheese fondue very much I wouldn’t necessarily order it again. The mushrooms and potato balls were OK as dips but the bread sticks were a bit boring. Also, the melted fontina cheese was a bit blah. The portion is also too big for two people dining, it might be better suited for a group of four or more.


olan-009


Dipping was so much fun though!


olan-010


Nino’s idea of cheesy fries.


olan-011


olan-012


One of my favourite pizzas in Kuwait, thought its too thin for my liking, is Nino’s funghi pizza! The giant mushroom slices on each slice is marinated with something so tangy and lemony and with the first bite I am immediately transformed into a college kid having lunch at Nino between lectures. The good old days <3


IMG_9369


Nino are also famous for their sliders, I think but I’m not sure that they are the first in Kuwait to introduce little burgers or sliders in Kuwait but I’m not the burger expert. Nino also serves new chicken sliders that come nestled between two crunchy pieces of toast rather than a soft tiny bun.


olan-013


They are quite huge and might do well for a main dish rather than an appetiser.


olan-014


Nino’s Al Coccio pasta can now be prepared with orecchiette pasta (little ears) and is, as usual, so unbelievably good.


olan-015


Why hello there!


olan-016


I usually never have dessert at Nino because I’m always too full by the end of the meal and take half of what I ate home but this time sitting at their gorgeous terrace, amazing cool breeze ruffling everything in its path, happy people eating and chatting, and warm sun overhead meant we really didn’t want to leave so we ordered this thing that I do not know the name of but was resisted for a while and when all resistance failed it was devoured completely!


IMG_9370


I love Nino. I always did and I always will. I can eat everything off the menu and still be happy and I always enjoy the swift polite service and the modern interior. My current favourite location is now the Arabella once because of the terrace and I am determined to enjoy as many meals as I can there before the weather becomes too hot to sit outside, which is sadly in about two weeks.


My other favourite dishes at Nino includes their mushroom soup, the greek salad, the ravioli, the Giant Mushroom, and their mushroom and cream mashed potato. If you are new to Kuwait, visiting, or you haven’t been to Nino in a long time I suggest you go dine at Nino’s Arabella branch. There is quite a waiting list for the outside terrace but its worth the wait! For more information and directions you can check their instagram account (@Nino_Restaurant).






Reblog: http://ift.tt/1fy9rj6

No comments:

Post a Comment