Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Getting Ripped Off One Too Many

give me more currencyI’m starting to get fed up of how so many things are over-priced, some things cost triple or quadruple the cost in comparison to the price it’s sold at in other countries. What’s worse is even some delivery services charge you in a manner that makes no sense at all.


I ordered 2 Egg Masters which cost KD 8 each. Once they arrived I researched their manufacturing cost (the ones I got turned out to be a Chinese knockoff from the original Rollie product) but the manufacturer never got back to me. Nevertheless, a quick search will tell you the average cost to manufacture one ranges from $6-$8.


So it costs around KD 2 to sell an Egg Master, while I paid 4 times that amount, a bit overpriced maybe? Next up was the delivery service, Delivery Express. The two Egg Masters arrived and the driver charged KD 20 which didn’t make sense to me since they told me delivery cost was KD 2.


2 Egg Masters = KD 16 + KD 2 = KD 18. After I managed to reach someone in charge he told me their system adds a delivery cost for every item. So even though the 2 Egg Masters arrived together in 1 delivery I paid for them as if they were delivered separately.


What they’re basically telling me is, their system is so terrible that I have to pay double the delivery charge, which is absurd; how is their system my problem? This also means if I order 9 Egg Masters I have to pay KD 18 for 1 delivery. It might cost me less in delivery cost if I shipped 9 Egg Masters from the U.S.


To Add a comment Click Here: Getting Ripped Off One Too Many






Reblog: http://ift.tt/1i03cW6

No comments:

Post a Comment