Monday, April 7, 2014

Saving Kuwait’s Heritage #hadam

hadam


I just got back from the protest outside the original Chamber of Commerce and Industry building and I have to say, I’m a bit disappointed. There were only around 30 people there mostly consisting of young Kuwaiti architects which makes me wonder, where was everyone else? I know a lot more than just 30 people care about saving Kuwait’s architectural heritage but they just weren’t there.


I was kinda joking around with a friend that maybe if there was valet more people would show up but I’m starting to think maybe that actually would have attracted more people. In any case the owner of the building was there and he actually wants to preserve the building but the baladiya only gave approval on demolishing and not refurbishing. Too much politics, but hopefully this is going to get solved and the building will be saved. But even if this building is saved today, there will still be more that need saving tomorrow.


Photo on top by @jassamino


The post Saving Kuwait’s Heritage #hadam appeared first on 2:48AM - Everything Kuwait.






Reblog: http://ift.tt/1lLkdWX

No comments:

Post a Comment