Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Do we need a new airport?

newkuwaitairport


A few days ago I posted about how the construction of the new Kuwait airport was been put on hold indefinitely and oddly enough, some people were actually pleased with the news. One of the comments was that the new airport would make Kuwait very difficult to live in (because more people would come to Kuwait) while another person didn’t think anything was wrong with the current airport.




[YouTube]


I personally would love a new airport especially the Foster + Partners design that got approved (watch the video above). I travel a lot and arriving at a clean, bright and organized airport is a much more positive experience than arriving at a crowded, gloomy and depressing one. I’d love to pass through an eGate and avoid the long lines at immigration or wander around a large duty free to kill time before my flight. Also the first thing new visitors to Kuwait will see is the airport and first impressions matter. Kuwait is so much better than what the current airport leads you to believe.


But that’s my opinion, I’m curious to know if I am alone in this because I don’t think I am. Do we need a new airport?


The post Do we need a new airport? appeared first on 2:48AM - Everything Kuwait.






Reblog: http://ift.tt/1sngV0a

No comments:

Post a Comment